Relax Gaming has announced its launch in the Netherlands, partnering with land-based casino operator Holland Casino after having met the standards set by the country’s regulator. With more than half of its aggregation portfolio fully compliant and ready to go, the supplier is among the first to enter the newly regulated jurisdiction.
In addtion to a variety of online betting and gaming products, the North Holland-based operator is responsible for 14 land-based venues located throughout the Netherlands and was one of 10 companies to receive a gaming license there. The state-owned gaming group’s new online interest, hollandcasino.nl, and its customers will now have access to Relax’s broad range of proprietary titles, as well as a diverse selection of content from leading third-party suppliers.
Jeroen Verkroost, Digital Transformation Director at Holland Casino, had the following to say about the promising partnership…
“Relax’s reputation for business simplicity and efficient integration have made it a platform we have been eager to integrate with for quite some time. We have great expectations for this partnership and know our customers will be big fans of the range of engaging and market-specific online casino content that is already live.”
The Malta-headquartered firm will reportedly bring its 24 studio partners, by way of its Silver Bullet and Powered By Relax programs, along with its platform suite, to the newly launched legalized Dutch online gambling market. Lauded as a “key milestone,” the achievement marks Relax’s effort to further establish its position across European markets.
Following favorable audit processes with a number of operators that are now licensed by the Dutch Gaming Authority (DGA) to offer games of chance via the Internet, the provider says its content went live with various operators “at the first opportunity,” and in addition to Holland Casino, each of them will be announced shortly.
Commenting on the debut, Alexia Smilovic-Ronde, Chief Regulatory Officer for Relax Gaming, said…
“We see this latest success as a key milestone for both Relax Gaming and our highly valued partners as the market regulates and starts to grow.
“We believe this will be a highly valuable and successful market entry for all associated parties as we provide our best-in-class product suite and unique concepts to players in the Netherlands. This is a continuation of the drive that underpins our hard-earned reputation for driving differentiation in the industry.”
The announcement follows the iGaming supplier and aggregator’s new content deal with with global online gambling giant William Hill, which significantly expands its presence in the United Kingdom. Under the agreement, Relax’s games as well as iGaming content from all Powered by Relax and Silver Bullet platform partners, such as 4ThePlayer, Fantasma Games, and Australian games developer, ReelPlay, are now available to the London-headquartered operator.
Companies were forced to postpone their planned October 1st launch due to a “persistent technical malfunction” at the Central Register of Exclusion of Gaming (Cruks), however, the issue was reportedly resolved the following day making it possible for online providers to allow players on their websites, according to the Kansspelautoriteit (KSA).
Kindred completes acquisition:
In related news, at the beginning of the month, Kindred Group completed the acquisition of the B2B iGaming supplier, having previously owned a 33.4 percent stake in the business. In July, the Stockholm-listed company entered into an agreement to acquire the remaining 66.6 percent of outstanding shares in Relax Gaming.
Upon completion of the deal, Kindred stated that it would be keeping Relax as an independent entity, with a seperate managment team and board of drectors, within the company in order to “secure continued integrity” of the supplier’s B2B customers.